ASX-listed Mining Engineering Services business driving 50% more productivity with SpendConsole’s AI-Powered AP Automation Platform and SAP S4 Hana ERP.
- Reduced the more than 2-week cycle times to only a few hours
- More than 50% reduction in invoice processing effort
- > 36,000 invoices successfully processed in the first 5 weeks
- Step change compliance, fraud prevention and user experience
- Successful implementation in under 18 weeks for over 400 business users and 3,000 suppliers
- Seamless integration with S/4 HANA Public Cloud
Our client is an ASX-listed company that offers complete mining and engineering services for surface and underground mining operations. These range from mine development to materials delivery. Our client provides these services throughout Australia and South-East Asia in over 25 locations.
The Challenges Faced
Our client regularly processes a high volume of large and complex invoices, from a diverse range of suppliers - both domestic and international, large and small.
Managing 3000 active suppliers and spending close to $1 billion annually on goods and services, means there is extensive complexity primed with challenges. The Accounts Payable teams’ core objective was to develop and maintain stronger relationships with their business counterparts and suppliers. In particular, all supplier payments required accurate allocation of costs against 8 corporate entities, various work sites and a large number projects.
Solution and Results:
SpendConsole platform addressed major challenges through its comprehensive Artificial Intelligence and automation capability. SpendConsole streamlined and automated the end to end supplier invoice to payment processes, including accurately interpreting and validating invoices across our client's global operations.
SpendConsole seamlessly integrated with SAP S/4 HANA to enable a highly effective validation process to ensure invoice accuracy, matching these directly against corresponding entities, chart of accounts, projects, purchase orders and receipts. Easy-to-administer compliance and automation rules were established to automatically process, that matched the criteria whereas other assigned to the correct stakeholder for action.
Together this helped reduce the supplier invoice processing workflow from 2 weeks for approval to a matter of hours.
Our client deployed its enterprise AP Automation Platform to over 25 sites and corporate offices in under 18 weeks.
Our client selected SpendConsole as a best-in-class AP Automation Platform provider with native integration to S/4 HANA Public Cloud. The key reasons behind out client's selection of the SpendConsole Platform included:
- An Australian-based technology provider with a highly collaborative team, who were flexible to meet our client's business requirements
- The Intuitive user experience within the SpendConsole platform - making it easy to use for suppliers and business stakeholders alike
- The capability of SpendConsole’s AI, developed over the past three years, to enable significant invoice processing and compliance efficiencies.
- The seamless integration with S/4 HANA Public Cloud.
- The flexible deployment approach allowed our client to roll-out the technology to their international business
The success of SpendConsole's implementation marks the beginning of a fruitful partnership. Numerous additional business requirements have been implemented, strengthening our partnership further. The program serves as the benchmark for our client's digital transformation agenda, with a number of innovations in the pipeline.
“We selected SpendConsole as our enterprise Accounts Payable platform, after a robust market evaluation due to SpendConsole being a local technology partner and their flexibility to meet our business requirements.
We have a complex business, and we needed an intuitive tool that simplified our business processes and roles.
The implementation was remarkably smooth, with the SpendConsole and our client's teams working collaboratively to deliver the program on-time, on-budget, and meeting our business objectives”.